Brass Pendant Project


     The biggest challenge for me was definitely sanding. I spent more than a week sanding over and over again until the surface of my piece was scratch-free. I enjoyed making the chain most of all because it was fun to see my piece come together at last as a beautiful, one of a kind necklace. I have learned so many things from this project, but above all, i've learned that patience pays off. First, I had to sketch many ideas for pieces that I thought would look good. After choosing the humming bird design, I transferred my drawing onto a piece of brass and began sawing the outer shape and negative space out. Next came filing and then sanding, which as I previously mentioned was extremely tedious and time consuming. Once my piece was smooth, I started working on the chain that consists of bead links and jump rings. When everything else was finished, I had to patina and polish both the chain and the pendent to give it a nice, reflective finish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Inspired Etching Project

Cooper Ring Project