Riveting Practice





     For this project, I was looking to make a Christmas present for my childhood friend from Church. Her initials are JNA and the hearts under the rivited piece are symbolic of her and I and how we are always there for each other. At first, I was going to etch “2017” under the riveted piece but I tried twice and failed twice before changing my design, so that was my biggest challenge. With this project, soddering was my favorite. I learned how to rivet, wich is something I have not previously done in any of my other pieces. I challenged myself by changing my design halfway through the project. I think the rivet turned out very well but I accidentally hammered the corner of my piece as I was installing the rivet so I could have been more careful. Also, when I turned in my piece it was kind of scratched up and I could have sanded it more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Inspired Etching Project

Cooper Ring Project